Hurt Me Plenty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hurt Me Plenty

Quake 3 League Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What type of games are we looking at?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ReAper
Admin

What type of games are we looking at? Empty
PostSubject: What type of games are we looking at?   What type of games are we looking at? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:18 am

This part has not been finalized yet, but is starting to shape up. So far it's evolved from a LMS Freeze type of gameplay to a compromise between standard Freeze and LMS.

What to expect as of now?

1) 4 or 5 second melt times

Why so long? The idea is to make melts rare to come by, which presents a type of LMS feel to regular Freeze BUT at least it will still be possible to melt. It will just be very difficult if enemies are even close to being nearby.

This may or may not promote new forms of teamwork. Maybe one teammate distracts the enemy while the other focuses primarily on melting a dead teammate. Or maybe people will be lucky to get 3 or 4 melts in an entire game. We'll see

2) slow rail (self explanatory), most likely looking at a fraglimit of 20 as opposed to 25 due to the slowrail + the slow melts (this hasn't been finalized quite yet).

3) 1 or 2 centralized servers to play league games on (at the moment there will definately be a server I host to play games on but we may use the sRs Euro server as well if they're up for it). This is to ensure the server config is the same for everyone.

4) There will be handful of people given ref to the server(s). Most likely I'll do what I can to make sure 1 person from every team has the ref. DO NOT SHARE WITH ANYONE, not even your teammates. If you are given the password please keep it to yourself.

5) There probably will not be a maplist to choose from. Right now it's looking like a decision between dm7 or 7++. As of now I'm leaning towards 7++ but this is part of what needs decided yet.

6) Game scheduling is completely up in the air as of now. I figure this will be the last thing I look at once I get a feel for how many teams will be participating.

That's all I have to share for now. Hopefully this works out.
Back to top Go down
https://hurtmeplenty.forumotion.com
csm*

PostSubject: Re: What type of games are we looking at?   What type of games are we looking at? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:46 pm

So is it organized teams? Or do we sign up and you pick teams?

Both have their own obvious advantages/disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
ReAper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What type of games are we looking at?   What type of games are we looking at? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:20 pm

csm* wrote:
So is it organized teams? Or do we sign up and you pick teams?

Both have their own obvious advantages/disadvantages.

You register with your teammates; minimum 4 per team, maximum 6.
Back to top Go down
https://hurtmeplenty.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of games are we looking at?   What type of games are we looking at? Empty

Back to top Go down

What type of games are we looking at?
Page 1 of 1