Hurt Me Plenty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hurt Me Plenty

Quake 3 League Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestion Box

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ReAper
Admin

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:22 pm

I know I'm planning very far ahead with this but I figure this gives the topic more time to gather input.

Going forward, nothing about the league format will be adjusted or altered in any way. With that said I'd like any constructive criticism anyone thinks could be applied to future leagues. After this league comes to a close June 10th I plan on giving it a rest for a month and possibly opening another one up in July. I'd like to incorporate any possible improvements people may see an opportunity for in that.

I already am VERY aware the scoring system is receiving mixed reviews. I welcome any and all suggestions, please provide examples of how your suggested system would function. I may not reply to a suggestion, this doesn't mean I'm not reading it or not liking it. I just want to let the suggestions/ideas accumulate here.

Once again, please keep all criticsm constructive. "This league sucks" doesn't really tell me a whole lot. lol!

Hopefully the current setup is at least sufficient to ensure every participating clan has fun. Before going forward with a future one I'll most likely extend an invite out to all the currently participating clans to get a sense of whether or not it will be worth hosting another.

Thanks again to everyone, 14 clans is a stronger showing than I could have ever expected.
Back to top Go down
https://hurtmeplenty.forumotion.com
ReAper
Admin

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:31 am

Just a reminder to leave feedback here (please). We've had a few weeks of games now so pretty much everyone has experienced a match - what did you like? what didn't you like? what would you suggest for future league(s)?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ReAper
Admin

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:46 pm

Things are nearing a close here, a bit more than week left.

Was this worth doing?

Have people had fun?

What was the biggest cause, if you didn't have fun?

What would you change if there were to be a Hurt Me Plenty 2.0?

Would your clan participate in a future league?

I love doing this type of thing - w/o organized activities I don't see this game lasting much longer, but if people as a whole feel it was a waste of time I'll accept that and make no future attempts at similar endeavors.

Please/thx for feedback.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:19 pm

1st of all, "honey" thx for league Smile

i rly enjoyed, games were to short :p 14/15 mins would be better and instagib rox

only thing/bug i noticed was: usa clasn vs usa :p eu vs eu, but i dont blame ppl/leaders, its hard mainly cuz of time zones :S

the idea for matches:
https://2img.net/h/i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll96/daveakablackmesa/hmp2.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ev.toster.net
impuLz

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 9:00 pm

i think the games were nicely timed, seeing as u don't get a break 20 minutes straight can start to hand after so screw 30 minutes dave :PP

I'm not sure what to suggest for the scoring, possibly a more simplistic way of calculating? have the points split overall.

2 games played:
2 games won = 4 points
1 game each = 2 points
0 game won = 1

i know this means that the clans who aren't as good will still gain points, but not at such a drastic level where we see pWp with 50+ losses and <5 wins and in 2nd place - hardly seems right to me :s lol.

Perfect Bonus :
maybe even a bonus to any clan who stays undefeated? ( at least playing 10 games or something ) 50 bonus points?

some stuff for u to have a play around with anyway...

MVP Bonus:
maybe another little bonus - player wise :

if a clan has the same top scorer ( over both teams ) both games, give them an extra point. gives each team something to play for - though this could be abused to gain extra points.

--------

or if the current system stays exact - maybe a playoffs with top 4 clans playing a semi / final game to win a prize -- rather then just the most active clan.

nice league tho!
Back to top Go down
ReAper
Admin

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 am

Good stuff - keep it coming! Wink
Back to top Go down
kyzer

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 am

yea i also think that every clan should play every clan atleast 1 time, perhaps that would be more arranged like wars, gotta get both sides to play tough =\
Back to top Go down
ReAper
Admin

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:57 am

kyzer wrote:
yea i also think that every clan should play every clan atleast 1 time, perhaps that would be more arranged like wars, gotta get both sides to play tough =\

I would hope to avoid "requiring" that anyone plays anyone - part of the beauty of this in my opinion was the flexibility.

What I've been thinking about though is if i do any further installments of HMP, that maybe I'd do a "European" Division and a "North American" Division. Like Dave said most of the clans from the same geographical locations tend to play each other anyway. What the divisions would give me the ability to do is award bonus points. How the bonus points would break down I didn't really give any thought to because it's not going to go into effect during this league obviously. Just something I've been giving a little thought to. Impulz is right though, in the future I think I'd bring the point system down to a smaller scale and keep it way simpler. A win is this amount, A loss is this amount - and would probably keep some type of bonus in effect for winning a match decided by 10 frags or less. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
impuLz

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:58 pm

yey i did something right! Very Happy ..

a split division would certainly solve the problem. im sure more Euro would participate that way as well. could sprowt a bit of competition to see who is best US / Euro clan at the current stage.

interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
kyzer

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 6:53 am

yea thats a good idea, making a europian league and a usa league. and then the both numbers 1 vs eachother :p
and btw, reapz u should definately go on with making HMP every now and then, like champions league o0
Back to top Go down
Dave

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:44 am

ReAper wrote:
Since this ends a few days from now I'm sure the forum traffic would come to a complete stop at that point so I'll ask now...

What can be changed to the server cfg requirements to liven up games, if at all?

I was debating on requiring slowrail..

Maybe turning on friendlyfire...

Not sure... there's only so much tweaking you can do to a server cfg, while keeping things reasonable.

if no1 didnt have anything against cfg, no need to change it IMO
Back to top Go down
http://ev.toster.net
impuLz

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 am

agreed with dave, if no1 has complained then dont change it? Smile

either that or make it more fast and furious ... 5 minute games

would make player / team stats easier as well because would make it over 10 minutes.

probably a bit crappy over 5 mins tho. lol
Back to top Go down
eclipse

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:18 am

to be honest, slowrail and friendly fire would improve the league imo.
The game against sRs was pretty boring, due to the game settings.

P.S. Yes, i mean HMP v 2.0
Back to top Go down
ReAper
Admin

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:37 am

eclipse wrote:
to be honest, slowrail and friendly fire would improve the league imo.
The game against sRs was pretty boring, due to the game settings.

P.S. Yes, i mean HMP v 2.0

I wanted friendlyfire on for this but the people i ran it by before putting this together said they didn't like the idea. Crying or Very sad

If you wish them to be on, nothing is stopping ev from making their server cfg for this slowrail with friendlyfire on. Cool I just didn't want to make those things "required". I try to leave the reload speed up to the clan and their members' preferences. Feel free to experiement with those settings at your server till you find something you like.

In my opinion, any game played on dm7 is going to be very boring - but I'm pretty much obligated to put it on map list because too many players would complain if it wasn't on there. the tourney maps on the map list and dm3,dm5,dm9 should be a lot of fun. dm8 will probably be slow like dm7 but it's there because people were asking why it wasn't on the last map list so i felt like i should include it this time.
Back to top Go down
eclipse

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:51 am

I see, I guess we'll try to spice it up a bit then Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Box